Need a new or replacement Number Plate?
Torne Valley in Tickhill is now able to make high-quality DVLA compliant number plates for the front and rear of your vehicle or trailer. In both the long narrow format and the square format.
Perfect to replace any broken or worn out plates, or even if you need one for a trailer we can provide you with exactly what you need. Come and see us in the Tickhill branch along with the information asked for below.
Getting your plate made up
You can only get a number plate made up from a registered DVLA number plate supplier. And Torne Valley is!
We will need to see documents that: prove your name and address and show that you're allowed to use the registration number.
We accept the following to confirm your name and address:
- driving licence
- utility, Council Tax or rates bill from the last 6 months
- bank or building society statement from the last 6 months
- national identity card
The following documents will confirm your name only:
- passport - doesn't have to be issued in the UK
- bank or building society debit or credit card
- police warrant card
- armed forces identity card
Proving you can use the registration number
You must bring one of the following documents to show you're allowed to display the registration number:
- vehicle registration certificate (V5C or V5CNI)
- new keeper supplement (V5C/2 or V5C/2NI)
- certificate of entitlement (V750 or V750NI) to the number
- retention document (V778)
- a renewal reminder for vehicle tax or SORN (V11 or V11NI)
- temporary registration certificate (V379 or V379NI)
- a number plate authorisation certificate (V948) with an official stamp from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) or Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
- an electronic number plate authorisation certificate (eV948)
- a letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease or hire company) quoting the document reference number from the registration certificate
- if your fleet is in the new V5C on demand scheme (also called 'V5C suppression'), a PDF of the vehicle's details from the view vehicle record service
For more information on anything to do with our number plate services please get in touch with our Tickhill branch on 01302 756000 and somebody will be able to answer your questions.